Re: what Linux to run - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Angelico
Subject Re: what Linux to run
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 9:33 PM, Leif Biberg Kristensen
<leif@solumslekt.org> wrote:
> My current gripe is this: The «stable» version of Postgres on Debian is 8.4.
> In order to install 9.1...
> This seems a rather roundabout way, is there a better one?

We use Debian at work, and I went for the other favorite way of
getting Linux software: compile it from source. That does mean that I
have to personally support it, though, and it has a few other
consequences (had to compile a couple of other things from source
instead of apt-getting them), but it's always a valid option.

ChrisA