Re: SEGFAULT on SELECT * FROM view - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From chris r.
Subject Re: SEGFAULT on SELECT * FROM view
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> I ported the entire schema to my test DB server and could not reproduce
>> the error there. Note that probably recreating the view solves this
>> issue. Given this, how should I proceed to create a test case? Any
>> tutorial on this? (I'm not too familiar with all this yet.)
>
> It's possibly statistics-dependent; make sure you have the same stats
> targets on both DBs, and try re-analyzing a few times.  Check other
> planner parameters are the same, too.
In addition to the schema, I now also copied parts of the data in our
production system to the testing DB. (I cannot copy all data, as it's
too large for the testing DB.) After a couple of VACUUM FULL ANALYZEs,
the bug still doesn't reproduce.

In our production environment, I'm working with the re-created view that
doesn't show the SEGFAULT behavior. I can live with this workaround, as
only one particular view seems to be affected, but if you want me to
debug more on the error please let me know.

Thanks for your help until now!
Chris