Re: Page Checksums + Double Writes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Page Checksums + Double Writes
Date
Re: Page Checksums + Double Writes  (Benedikt Grundmann <bgrundmann@janestreet.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could we get some major OLTP users to post their CLOG for
> analysis?  I wouldn't think there would be much
> security/propietary issues with CLOG data.
FWIW, I got the raw numbers to do my quick check using this Ruby
script (put together for me by Peter Brant).  If it is of any use to
anyone else, feel free to use it and/or post any enhanced versions
of it.
#!/usr/bin/env ruby

Dir.glob("*") do |file_name| contents = File.read(file_name) total =
contents.enum_for(:each_byte).enum_for(:each_slice,
256).inject(0) do |count, chunk|     if chunk.all? { |b| b == 0x55 }       count + 1     else       count     end   end
printf"%s %d\n", file_name, total

end
-Kevin