Re: pgsql: Modify pg_dump to use error-free memory allocation macros. This - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pgsql: Modify pg_dump to use error-free memory allocation macros. This
Date
List pgsql-committers

On 11/26/2011 02:13 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Bruce Momjian<bruce@momjian.us>  writes:
>> Modify pg_dump to use error-free memory allocation macros.  This avoids
>> ignoring errors and call-site error checking.
> This appears to have broken the MSVC build.  More generally, I'd like to
> object to arbitrarily moving a bunch of longstanding code from one file
> to another.  What that is mainly going to accomplish is creating a big
> headache whenever we have to back-patch fixes that touch that code
> ... and what exactly did it buy in return?

Was there any discussion of this change? It seems much too big for
something to be done without discussion, but I don't recall seeing
anything. (And it's probably seriously broken two patches I have in the
commitfest).

cheers

andrew