Re: pgsql: Modify pg_dump to use error-free memory allocation macros. This - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Modify pg_dump to use error-free memory allocation macros. This
Date
Re: pgsql: Modify pg_dump to use error-free memory allocation macros. This  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-committers
> Modify pg_dump to use error-free memory allocation macros.  This avoids
> ignoring errors and call-site error checking.

This appears to have broken the MSVC build.  More generally, I'd like to
object to arbitrarily moving a bunch of longstanding code from one file
to another.  What that is mainly going to accomplish is creating a big
headache whenever we have to back-patch fixes that touch that code
... and what exactly did it buy in return?

            regards, tom lane