Re: Permission Problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sven Schoradt
Subject Re: Permission Problems
Date
List pgsql-general
Am 23.11.2011 22:54, schrieb Bill Thoen:
> I'm getting the list of schemata from the information_schema.schemata
> table, and using my superuser account it works fine. However, using the
> account I've set up for this job isn't getting very far and I'm getting
> nothing returned. I've granted permissions for SELECT and REFERENCES on
> all of my tables, and granted USEAGE on the schemas including
> information_schema and pg_catalog and the relevant views; I've even
> granted execute priv on the functions used in the view, but I'm still
> not getting results for this psuedo user, even though the SQL selection
> works fine for my account. I'd prefer not to just hand out a superuser
> privilege to the database go-between because my purpose is to keep this
> db-web interface role's reach short.

The information schema gives you only access to objects the user has
usage rights for.

That means you have to grant rights for the objects you want to list for
your unprivileged user.

If you want these information without these restrictions you must use
the tables of the pg_catalog schema.

Sven