Re: pg_restore --no-post-data and --post-data-only - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pg_restore --no-post-data and --post-data-only
Date
Re: pg_restore --no-post-data and --post-data-only  ("Andrew Dunstan" <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers

On 08/26/2011 05:11 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera<alvherre@commandprompt.com>  writes:
>> The "--section=data --section=indexes" proposal seems very reasonable to
>> me -- more so than "--sections='data indexes'".
> +1 ... not only easier to code and less squishily defined, but more like
> the existing precedent for other pg_dump switches, such as --table.

Here is a patch for that for pg_dump. The sections provided for are
pre-data, data and post-data, as discussed elsewhere. I still feel that
anything finer grained should be handled via pg_restore's --use-list
functionality. I'll provide a patch to do the same switch for pg_restore
shortly.

Adding to the commitfest.

cheers

andrew