variable not found in subplan target list - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roger Niederland
Subject variable not found in subplan target list
Date
Re: variable not found in subplan target list  (Roger Niederland <roger@niederland.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I stripped down the original query to what is below.  I am not saying that the query below
is useful except to show an error I am getting in Postgresql 9.1.1 on both SL6.1 (64 bit) and
Windows 2008 server  9.1.1 (32-bit and 64-bit).  The error I am getting is:

ERROR: variable not found in subplan target list
SQL state: XX000

If I remove the inner join to person (at the end)  to works on 9.1.1

I tried this query on Postgresql 9.1.0 on Windows Vista (32-bit) and it works.
Also on the postgres 8.4 it works on both OS's.

Thanks,
Roger
(sorry if this is double posted, I sent this in about 24 hours ago, but it was stalled
due to me not subscribing to the list, I turned into a better citizen and subscribed)

SELECT
   COALESCE(FreshUps.employeeId, Appts.employeeId) AS employeeId
 FROM
 (
   SELECT
     COALESCE(Ups.employeeId, -1) AS employeeId
   FROM
   (
     SELECT Lead.salesmanId AS employeeId
     FROM Lead
     GROUP BY Lead.salesmanID) AS Ups
 ) AS FreshUps
 FULL OUTER JOIN
 (
   SELECT
     COALESCE(Ups.employeeId, -1) AS employeeId
   FROM
   (
     SELECT SalesAppointment.SalesmanID AS employeeID
     FROM SalesAppointment
     GROUP BY SalesAppointment.SalesmanID) AS Ups
 ) AS Appts USING (employeeId)

 INNER JOIN Employee USING (employeeid)
 INNER JOIN Person ON Employee.employeeId = Person.personId