Re: force JDBC driver fetch / autocommit parameters? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: force JDBC driver fetch / autocommit parameters?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/21/2011 10:38 PM, S. Balch wrote:
> Dave,
>
> We're just running the JVM out of memory with a large query result.  By
> turning off autocommit and setting a reasonable fetch size this problem
> goes away.  The application using this driver does have a way to set
> these, but it seems to be broken.

I don't think there's any support for forcing these params at the moment.

You could modify the JDBC driver to hard-code these parameters and just
use your hacked JDBC driver. That'd probably be a maintenance mess in
the long run, though. It'd be better to write a patch to add JDBC URL
parameter support for overriding them, start using a patched driver you
recompile yourself, and submit that to pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org for
inclusion in future versions so you don't have to worry about keeping it
up to date.

--
Craig Ringer