Re: psqlODBC connection - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: psqlODBC connection
Date
Re: psqlODBC connection  (<Mamatha_Kagathi_Chan@DELL.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 19/10/2011 07:26, Mamatha_Kagathi_Chan@DELL.com wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have installed psqlODBC  and I can see the dll files in the bin
> folder. But what shall I do next to connect My ASP page? Please help.

I moved away from ASP a long time ago, so memory is rusty, but here goes:

(i) Go to the ODBC data sources manager (under Administrative tools on
my Windows 7 laptop)

(ii) Create a new data source, using the PostgreSQL ODBC driver.

(iii) In your ASP page, do something like:

   dim conn
   set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
   conn.Open "DSN=your_data_source_name"

This is using classic ASP, mind you, not ASP.NET - the latter may be
different.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland