Re: Call stacks and RAISE INFO - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Call stacks and RAISE INFO
Date
Re: Call stacks and RAISE INFO  (Florian Pflug <fgp@phlo.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
>> We do transmit the individual parts of a NOTICE separately, so I'd say
>> suppressing some of them is the client's job. So, instead of a GUC I'd say
>> we'd need a psql setting ERROR_VERBOSITY.
>
> Well, we do have a psql setting as well (\set VERBOSITY).  But is Josh
> using psql?

Not in this instance, no.

In any case, this doesn't address the inconsistency of supressing
CONTEXT for the first level of the call stack with RAISE INFO but not
for the others.  (RAISE EXCEPTION shows CONTEXT for all levels of the
call stack).

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.