Re: Why PGSQL has no developments in the .NET area? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andy Colson
Subject Re: Why PGSQL has no developments in the .NET area?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/01/2011 10:32 PM, Rohit Coder wrote:
> PgSQL has just one old NPGSQL driver for .NET, which is itself sluggish. The ODBC driver works better as compared to
NPGSQL,but I suspect the ODBC driver is not the right choice for ORM framework of .NET.

> I want to know whether there is any efficient .NET provider and is PGSQL compatible with the .NET entity framework.
>
> Regards,
> Rohit.

why: probably because no .net user has stepped up and written one.  Not enough interest maybe?

But really, why would you need to?  I assume .net is not so crippled that it can't link to a .dll, correct?  Why not
justuse the native libpq.dll?  The interface is well documented and simple to use.  And you wont get any faster.

-Andy