Updating 9.0.4 --> 9.1.1: How best to ??? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From r d
Subject Updating 9.0.4 --> 9.1.1: How best to ???
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I would like to know which if any is a recommended install and upgrade method.

My situation is summarized as:

I currently have Postgresql 9.0.4 installed via the Fedora Core FC15 yum repo, and 9.1.x is not there (yet).

I decided to install the PGDG repo (pgdg-fedora91-9.1-5.noarch) to make it update. It does not.

The FC15 packages are called "postgresql_*" and not "postgresql90_*", the PGDG packages are called "postgresql91_*".

Since both repositories apparently get into each others way, my question is,
what is the best (recommended) way to update or install postgres:

- Dump my FC15 installation and replace it with one coming from the PGDG repo?
- Wait for the 9.1 packages to appear in the Fedora Core repo?

I prefer install from repo as there is currently no reason for me to install from source.

Thanks in advance,

RD