Re: Accidentally truncated pg_type - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Accidentally truncated pg_type
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/07/11 08:12, Matthew Byrne wrote:
> I have a large database full of irreplaceable data, and due to a
> ridiculous happenstance I accidentally executed this code (as a superuser,
> of course):
>
> DELETE FROM pg_catalog.pg_type;
>
> Now the database is *seriously* unhappy - every SQL command returns an
> error message.  How do I get at my data?

Oh, once you've copied your database you should stop the postmaster and
not start it again without further advice/instructions. The data in
pg_type may not have been vacuumed or overwritten yet if you haven't
been messing about trying to fix it before asking for help.

--
Craig Ringer