Re: marking old branches as no longer maintained - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: marking old branches as no longer maintained
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> On tis, 2011-06-28 at 15:37 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> What I'd like to do is to allow this to read:
>>
>>      if ($branch eq 'global')
>>      {
>>           $conf{branches_to_build} = 'ALL';
>>      }
>>
>> and have it choose the right set for you.
> It seems to me that if you put a marker file into old branches, you'd
> still have to check out and poll the old branches, which could become
> somewhat expensive as the number of old branches grows.

No, not really. I'd use 'git ls-tree $branchname $filetolookfor". I have
tested it and this works just fine, takes a second or so.

> Couldn't you just put a text file on the build farm server with
> recommended branches?

As I told Magnus, that gets ugly because of limitations in MinGW's SDK
perl. I suppose I could just not implement the feature for MinGW, but
I've tried damn hard not to make those sorts of compromises and I'm not
keen to start.

cheers

andrew