Re: marking old branches as no longer maintained - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: marking old branches as no longer maintained
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On tis, 2011-06-28 at 15:37 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> What I'd like to do is to allow this to read:
>
>     if ($branch eq 'global')
>     {
>          $conf{branches_to_build} = 'ALL';
>     }
>
> and have it choose the right set for you.

It seems to me that if you put a marker file into old branches, you'd
still have to check out and poll the old branches, which could become
somewhat expensive as the number of old branches grows.

Couldn't you just put a text file on the build farm server with
recommended branches?