Re: BUG #6066: Bad string in German translation causes segfault (user-triggerable) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: BUG #6066: Bad string in German translation causes segfault (user-triggerable)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 17.06.2011 11:22, Bernd Helmle wrote:
> --On 17. Juni 2011 08:18:03 +0000 Christoph Berg <cb@df7cb.de> wrote:
>
>> In German locale, the follow statement causes vsnprintf() to segfault
>> when
>> printing the hint:
>>
>> SELECT TO_DATE('30.12.2011', 'YYYYMMDD') AS datum;
>>
>> Fix tested for 8.4:
>
> Additionally, this seems to be the case for 9.0, 9.1 and current -HEAD,
> too.

So, this is a case where the untranslated string doesn't have a %s in
it, but the translated one does. We should have a way to check those
automatically. In fact, I'm surprised if someone somewhere hasn't
already written such a script, as gettext is used very widely. Anyone
want to research/write a script?

--
   Heikki Linnakangas