Re: PostgreSQL Magazine #00 is out ! Send feedback please ! - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Magazine #00 is out ! Send feedback please !
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Leif Biberg Kristensen wrote:
> <flame>I wonder if the people of the US is suffering from a collective "Not
> Invented Here"-syndrome?</flame>

The paper size conversion is blocked behind converting the US to metric,
which started in 1975 and was abandoned six years later as too expensive
to continue by our government.  You first have to get rid of the idea
that a paper size measured in inches is important before people in the
US would be open to the benefits the standard A[N] and B[N] sizes give,
i.e. how folded copies turn into the smaller sizes.