Re: Which version of PostgreSQL should I use. - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Which version of PostgreSQL should I use.
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 24/05/11 14:30, jasmin.dizdarevic@gmail.com wrote:
> We had trbls with our drupal site, because some settings are stored in bytea columns. I think lobs are a problem too,
butpls see the pg_dump docs for details.

Is it possible that you are referring to the `bytea_output' setting in
PostgreSQL 8.4 and above?

If so, the issue isn't that pg_dump somehow fails to dump the bytea
data. Rather, it's that drupal doesn't deal well with bytea data from
newer versions of PostgreSQL until the bytea_output setting is changed
to 'escape' because it doesn't understand the new hex format.

--
Craig Ringer