Re: directory of pg freelancers - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: directory of pg freelancers
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Dne 11.12.2010 02:49, Josh Berkus napsal(a):

>> So my idea was to do a quite simple directory of freelancers - for each
>> freelancer there would be a basic description, knowledge, maybe projects
>> he worked on, contact details and a address/GPS. Those interested might go
>> there, enter an address and they'd immediately see what freelancers or
>> companies are nearby. All that's doable in days using Google Maps API.
>
> Right, what I'm saying is that you'd want to build a replacement to the
> existing professional_services app, rather than a completely separate
> piece of software.

Hi,

I've finally had time to work on this. I wrote a blogpost about the app
I've built

  http://www.fuzzy.cz/en/articles/map-of-postgresql-contacts-and-events/

and I'd like to know your opinion. The "demo" app is available here

  http://www.fuzzy.cz/pgmap/

so you may play with it a bit. It's not "complete" but I believe it
shows how it's supposed to work.

Tomas