Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Kevin Barnard <kevinbarnard@mac.com> wrote:
> A ticketing system with work flow could help with transparency.
> If it's setup correctly the work flow could help document where
> the item is in the review process.  As another idea maybe have a
> status to indicate that the patch has been reviewed for
> formatting.  It might make things easier to deal with because a
> ticket identified as WIP is obviously not ready for a CF etc etc.
> Hell you may even be able to find somebody to take care of
> reviewing formatting and dealing with those issues before it get's
> sent to a committer.
What you describe and more-is the intent of the CommifFest process
and its related web application.  If you review these links and have
suggestions on how to improve the process, or how to make it more
obvious to newcomers, we'd be happy to hear about them.
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/CommitFest
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Reviewing_a_Patch
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/RRReviewers
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view/open
This process has, in my opinion, been a very big improvement on the
vagueness that came before.
-Kevin