Re: Crediting sponsors in release notes? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Crediting sponsors in release notes?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> The above sure looks like a billboard to me, as I stated in an earlier
> email.

It's supposed to be.  Jim's original message here pointed out that past
sponsorship is not really visible to potential sponsors, when they are
looking for evidence that it is possible to fund a PostgreSQL feature.
I was aiming for a format that addressed that.  If you feel that's
tacky, fine, but I'd like to hear an alternative suggestion then.  The
problem he identified is very real, and a limiting factor for PostgreSQL
feature expansion.  I have someone ask me whether it's viable to sponsor
a feature every few months.  Being able to point toward a billboard
showing past sponsorship successes, from many companies, is exactly what
this community needs to have available for those business people, so
that more features get funding in the future.