Re: Crediting sponsors in release notes? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Crediting sponsors in release notes?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Greg Smith wrote:
> Output:  here's three from 9.1 I think I know the history of to
> demonstrate what format this might appear in.  Bits in [] would be
> hyperlinks:
>
> Sponsor - Feature [commit] - Developer
> * Enova Financial:  Add the pg_describe_object()  function
> [http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2010-11/msg00177.php]
> (Alvaro Herrera, Command Prompt)
> * 2ndQuadrant Ltd, NTT Open Source Japan:  Efficient
> transaction-controlled synchronous replication
> [http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2011-03/msg00056.php]
> (Simon Riggs, 2ndQuadrant Ltd; Fujii Masao, NTT Open Source Japan)
> * EnterpriseDB:  Support unlogged tables.
> [http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2010-12/msg00235.php]
> (Robert Haas, EnterpriseDB)

The above sure looks like a billboard to me, as I stated in an earlier
email.  :-(

It feels like we are naming sports stadiums after companies, but instead
it is PG features.  It also feels like a non-profit building where
everything donated has a little brass plack nailed on it.  :-(