Re: How to configure for remote TCP/IP client conncections using MS Visual Basic OLE DB calls and PostgreSQL dll's? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: How to configure for remote TCP/IP client conncections using MS Visual Basic OLE DB calls and PostgreSQL dll's?
Date
In response to Re: How to configure for remote TCP/IP client conncections using MS Visual Basic OLE DB calls and PostgreSQL dll's?  (John Edens <edensjc@sfasu.edu>)
List pgsql-general
On 03/09/2011 09:59 AM, John Edens wrote:
>> If I am following, 144.96.80.35 is your server address not the clients.
>> In pg_hba.conf the IPs are those from the clients you want to let in, so
>> you will need to use an IP or mask that matches that of your client. To
>> reduce confusion you might want to do that in the section for remote
>> connections :)
>
>> Per the explanation above your client IP does not have access to the
> server.
>
> Okay, I have set the mask as described...
>
> I can now use pgAdmin III to access the database on the server from my
> desktop machine, which I could not previously do.
>
> However, the VB code still gives the error previously described.
>
> Thanks for the config file help - any ideas about the OLE DB connection
> problem?

What I know about OLE would fit in the navel of a flea:) That being said
I offer:
http://www.connectionstrings.com/postgre-sql#p53

It would seem your connection string needs different information.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com