Re: unexpected EOF on client connection vs 9.0.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: unexpected EOF on client connection vs 9.0.3
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/03/11 02:49, Piotr Czekalski wrote:

> I've checked and verified that all connections are closed within the
> code, what's more, the problem has appeared just as I've moved server
> from Fedora Linux x86_64 running Postgres 8.4.2 to the Windows and 9.0.3
> (details above) thus I conclude this is not a client problem indeed (the
> failure didn't occure on Linux).

Windows firewall?

You can also see these error reports when the connections are closed
uncleanly, without a proper backend close message. Perhaps you have
client processes crashing? Or doing hard shutdowns where the client code
doesn't get a chance to run any cleanup/dtors/etc?

--
Craig Ringer