Re: PHP array to PlPgSQL arrat. How to? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: PHP array to PlPgSQL arrat. How to?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/05/11 11:22 AM, Andre Lopes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to transform an PHP array to an PlPgSQL array. The PHP array is
> like this:

in a relational database, it would be far better to store that sort of
thing as a table, so you can use relational operations on it.

your example structure would fit nicely into a table like...

CREATE TABLE images (
     id integer primary key,
     base64 text,
     image_type text,
     width integer,
     height integer,
     mime text );

and use a view to construct the html_width_height value as it contains
redundant data

CREATE VIEW images_html (id, html_width_height)
     as select id, 'width="'||cast(width as text)||'"
height="'||cast(height as text)||'"' from images;

btw, if that base64 field is in fact the binary image, I would instead
change that to `image bytea` and store the image in binary.