Re: pl/python tracebacks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Urbański
Subject Re: pl/python tracebacks
Date
Re: pl/python tracebacks
List pgsql-hackers
On 01/03/11 22:12, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On tis, 2011-03-01 at 21:10 +0100, Jan Urbański wrote:
>> So you end up with a context message saying "PL/Python function %s"
>> and a detail message with the saved detail (if it's present) *and* the
>> traceback. The problem is that the name of the function is already in
>> the traceback, so there's no need for the context *if* there's a
>> traceback present.
>
> I wouldn't actually worry about that bit of redundancy so much.  Getting
> proper context for nested calls is much more important.

Here's another version that puts tracebacks in the context field.

I did some tests with the attached test script, calling various of the
functions defined there and the error messages more or less made sense
(or at least were not worse than before).

Cheers,
Jan

Attachment