Re: Yet another fast GiST build - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrey M. Borodin
Subject Re: Yet another fast GiST build
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> 21 сент. 2020 г., в 18:29, Andrey M. Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> написал(а):
>
> It was a conscious decision with incorrect motivation. I was thinking that it will help to reduce number of "false
positive"inspecting right pages. But now I see that:
> 1. There should be no such "false positives" that we can avoid
> 2. Valid rightlinks could help to do amcheck verification in future

Well, point number 2 here is invalid. There exist one leaf page p, so that if we start traversing rightlink from p we
willreach all leaf pages. But we practically have no means to find this page. This makes rightlinks not very helpful in
amcheckfor GiST.

But for consistency I think it worth to install them.

Thanks!

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

Attachment