Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL Benchmarks - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Mario Weilguni
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL Benchmarks
Date
Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL Benchmarks
List pgsql-advocacy
>Hrm.  I just saw that the PHP ADODB guy just published a bunch of database
>benchmarks.  It's fairly evident to me that benchmarking PostgreSQL on
>Win32 isn't really fair:

>http://php.weblogs.com/oracle_mysql_performance

And why is the highly advocated transaction capable MySQL 4 not tested?
That's the problem, for every performance test they choose ISAM tables, and
when transactions are mentioned it's said "MySQL has transactions". But why
no benchmarks?

Regards,
    Mario Weilguni