Re: possible obvious bug? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mario Weilguni
Subject Re: possible obvious bug?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>I was playing with the Japanese win32 7.2.1 port and I noticed that "select
>0 / 0" caused the server to crash and restart.  I understand that it is a
>totally unsupported version, but it should be easy enough to check vs. the
>current version.  Note that select 0.0/0.0 worked fine!

Seems to work fine on my system.

postgres=# SELECT version();                              version
GCCegcs-2.91.66
(1 row)

postgres=# SELECT 0/0;
ERROR:  floating point exception! The last floating point operation either
exceeded legal ranges or was a divide by zero
postgres=#