Re: Building extensions on Windows using VS2008 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Building extensions on Windows using VS2008
Date
List pgsql-general
On 15/02/11 06:28, deepak wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I was trying to build PostgreSQL 9.0.1 using VS2008.  I am having
> problems building the C extensions.  I could build the main package, though.

The easiest way to do it on Windows is to make a new `contrib' module
and compile as part of the main build. Just copy the structure of an
existing contrib module to get the idea.

I don't know if pgxs works on Windows, having never tried it. If it
does, that's another alternative.

> Here is the CL command line I'm using to compile:
> cl /I \pgsql\include\server /I \pgsql\include\server\port\win32 /LD
> \pgsql\lib\postgres.lib <c-filename>

You're missing critical macro definitions, among other things. Don't try
to just invoke the compiler directly, use the build system to do it.

--
System & Network Administrator
POST Newspapers