Building extensions on Windows using VS2008 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From deepak
Subject Building extensions on Windows using VS2008
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

I was trying to build PostgreSQL 9.0.1 using VS2008.  I am having problems building the C extensions.  I could build the main package, though.

Although, I can get a DLL by including the header files from postgres, that DLL is quite not usable.  When I try to create a function inside
psql, I get an error such as:
ERROR:  could not find function "<function-name>" in file  <dll-name>

Although the same C source file can be built using MinGW and is usable that way.  I don't want to use MinGW as I learn that it supports
only 32-bit binaries (which has performance implications).

Here is the CL command line I'm using to compile:
cl /I \pgsql\include\server /I \pgsql\include\server\port\win32 /LD \pgsql\lib\postgres.lib <c-filename>

--
Deepak