Re: Connecting over UNIX domain sockets - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Connecting over UNIX domain sockets
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 02/08/11 6:55 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> I would like to have the option to connect to the database over UNIX
> domain sockets (sidestepping the question of password management).
>
> Even though the JVM knows about UNIX domain sockets, this
> functionality is not exposed to user code, so we'd have to add some
> JNI code.  Would you like to integrate this in some way?  If yes,
> would you prefer a socket-based or libpq-based approach?

socket based would require less work, as you'd just add that to the
existing socket code, while using libpq would essentially end up with an
entirely different JDBC.

managing and installing JNI based code across platforms is a pain in the
sternum.