Re: Configuration for a new server. - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Configuration for a new server.
Date
List pgsql-performance
Benjamin Krajmalnik wrote:
> So, if I understand correctly, I should strive for a relative increase in buffers_clean to buffers_backend

Right.  Buffers written by a backend are the least efficient way to get
data out of the buffer cache, because the client running into that is
stuck waiting for a write call before it can use the resuling free
block.  You want to avoid those in favor of checkpoint and
background-writer cleaner writes instead.