Re: SSI patch version 14 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: SSI patch version 14
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
> It's OK to leave it to 9.2. But if it's a RO deferrable
> transaction, it's just going to go to sleep in that case anyway;
> so why not look for an opportunity to get a safe snapshot right
> away?
If you're talking about doing this only for DEFERRABLE transactions
it *might* make sense for 9.1.  I'd need to look at what's involved.
We make similar checks for all read only transactions, so they can
withdraw from SSI while running, if their snapshot *becomes* safe.
I don't think I'd want to consider messing with that code at this
point.
-Kevin