Re: SSI patch version 8 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Anssi Kääriäinen
Subject Re: SSI patch version 8
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 01/11/2011 04:53 PM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Thanks much for testing.  You're managing to exercise some code
> paths I didn't think to test, which is great!  I guess this is the
> up side of having posted yesterday.  :-)

Glad that I can help. This feature is something that is very important
to our usage of PostgreSQL.

Just to add some positive feedback: I tried this patch with our in-house
in development EAV database. Everything was working perfectly, and time
to import current and history data for 7000 employees (total of 95000
attributes) to the DB using stored procedures went from 4 minutes 20
seconds to 4 minutes 30 seconds (the procedures are doing a lot of
validation...). So in this case the real-world performance difference
was barely noticeable. SSI was also able to block serialization
anomalies and I did not have any false rollbacks in my (very limited)
testing. So, thank you for the work on this feature. And, of course, I
will try to break it some more.:-)
 - Anssi