Re: pl/python custom exceptions for SPI - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Urbański
Subject Re: pl/python custom exceptions for SPI
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 23/12/10 15:40, Jan Urbański wrote:
> Here's a patch implementing custom Python exceptions for SPI errors
> mentioned in
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-12/msg01991.php. It's
> an incremental patch on top of the explicit-subxacts patch sent eariler.

I changed that patch to use Perl instead of sed to generate the
exceptions, which should be a more portable. It's still not nice, and I
think the way forward is to have a common format for SQLSTATE
conditions, as proposed in
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4D19C93C.5000703@wulczer.org.

I failed to follow on with that patch because I couldn't figure out how
to persuade the buildsystem to generate errcodes.h early enough for the
rest of the system to compile, not to mention doing it for the MSVC
build system.

Cheers,
Jan

Attachment