Re: virtual ip's for Pg host - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Gabriele Bartolini
Subject Re: virtual ip's for Pg host
Date
List pgsql-admin
  Hello Isabella,

Il 15/10/10 23:19, Isabella Ghiurea ha scritto:
 > we would like to implement a virtual  ip for two of our  of our PG db
 > hosts to help us with switching hosts with less downtime for clients,
 > is there  any specific change need to be done  on PG database hosts
 > configuration , I was thinking  maybe  pg_hba.conf file  ?

That should not be an issue for pg_hba.conf - although you must make
sure that requests coming from your virtual LAN are allowed.

On the other hand, the main configuration option you should properly set
is 'listen_addresses', which specifies on which interfaces/IP addresses
PostgreSQL is listening for incoming requests
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/runtime-config-connection.html).

I hope this helps.

Ciao,
Gabriele