Installation of contrib/tablefunc - problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stefan Schwarzer
Subject Installation of contrib/tablefunc - problems
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi there,

small problem with installing the tablefunc libs.

I have a 8.3.1 running on my Mac 10.5.

Now, I would like to add tablefunc.

Last time, I did it the following way:

# in the downloaded postgres package directory
$ ./compile

# in the tablefunc dir
$ USE_PGXS=1 sudo make
$ USE_PGXS=1 sudo make install
$ psql -U ss_admin geodataportal < tablefunc.sql
#(it's then being inserted into the public schema. Good?!)

But, now, this doesn't work anymore. I get this error message:

$ USE_PGXS=1 sudo make
sed 's,MODULE_PATHNAME,$libdir/tablefunc,g' tablefunc.sql.in
 >tablefunc.sql
gcc -no-cpp-precomp -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -
Winline -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -fno-strict-
aliasing -fwrapv  -I. -I../../src/include   -c -o tablefunc.o
tablefunc.c
gcc -no-cpp-precomp -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -
Winline -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -fno-strict-
aliasing -fwrapv  -bundle -o tablefunc.so tablefunc.o -
bundle_loader ../../src/backend/postgres
ld: file not found: ../../src/backend/postgres
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [tablefunc.so] Error 1
rm tablefunc.o

Can anyone give me a hint what I should do?

Thanks a lot!

Stef