Re: Storage sizes for dates/times (documentation bug?) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Storage sizes for dates/times (documentation bug?)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 02:46:14PM +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Yes, I know about tagged types but have shyed away from them
> so far courtesy of them not being adjustable after the fact.

What do you mean by this? Adjustable in what way?

Truly, taggedtypes are a really useful feature but I think the chance
of them being in the main tree approximatly nil, which is enough reason
to stay away from them.

> Should I be using a custom domain for this ?

You just need to store the pair (time,zone), I don't think domains are
flexible enough for that. A complex type maybe (but then you've just
reinvented taggedtypes, inefficiently :) )

Have a nice day,

Attachment