Re: Java proxies connection to postgres - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Java proxies connection to postgres
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 09/08/10 23:20, Donald Fraser wrote:

> You either need to modify the JDBC driver code to make it proxy aware
> (see my original post for the source code on how) or you need to provide
> your own implementation for the standard SocketFactory, via
> Socket.setSocketImplFactory(SocketImplFactory fac), and provide your
> proxy connection code here.

I'm wondering if the JDBC driver could  use a factory arg for the
regular socket factory, like it has for SSLSocketFactory with
"sslfactory".  That'd make this, and other situations using proxies with
weird auth schemes, various tunneling systems, etc much easier to use
without JDBC driver mods or changing system-wide behaviour for
potentially unrelated socket-using operations.

--
Craig Ringer