Misplaced pg_upgrade_support.so ? - Mailing list pgsql-testers

From Glen Barber
Subject Misplaced pg_upgrade_support.so ?
Date
List pgsql-testers
Hi,

First off, thank you for bringing this into contrib.

I built beta2 this morning to give pg_upgrade a test run, and everything
worked out great.  The only thing I am not sure of is the expected
location of pg_upgrade_support.so.  It is a default build with the
exception of "--prefix=/usr/local/pgsql-beta2"; pg_upgrade_support.so
ended up in /usr/local/pgsql-beta2/lib.

Here is what I saw when running pg_upgrade initially:

%pg_upgrade -d /var/db/pgsql/data \
  -D /var/db/pgsql/data2 \
  -b /usr/local/pgsql-beta1/bin \
  -B /usr/local/pgsql-beta2/bin
Performing Consistency Checks
Checking old data directory (/var/db/pgsql/data)            ok
Checking new data directory (/var/db/pgsql/data2)           ok

pg_upgrade_support.so must be created and installed in \
/usr/local/pgsql-beta2/lib/postgresql/pg_upgrade_support.so

Is this module ending up in the wrong location on install, or is
pg_upgrade looking in the wrong place?

Thanks and regards,

--
Glen Barber