Re: how to construct sql - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Justin Graf
Subject Re: how to construct sql
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 6/2/2010 12:31 PM, Wes James wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Oliveiros
> <oliveiros.cristina@marktest.pt>  wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Have you already tried this out?
>>
>> select MAX(page_count_count) - MIN(page_count_count)  from page_count group
>> by page_count_pdate.
>>

>> Best,
>> Oliveiros
>>
> Oliveiros,
>
> Thx that mostly works.  I just tried it and on the days there is only
> 1 entry it is 0 since max is the same as min so max - min is 0.  Is
> there a way to take in to account the 1 entry days?
>
> Again thx - I appreciate your help :)
>
> -wes

Put in a case

select
case when MAX(page_count_count) - MIN(page_count_count)>  0 then
    MAX(page_count_count) - MIN(page_count_count)
else
    MAX(page_count_count)
from page_count
group by page_count_pdate.

All legitimate Magwerks Corporation quotations are sent in a .PDF file attachment with a unique ID number generated by
ourproprietary quotation system. Quotations received via any other form of communication will not be honored.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including attachments, may contain legally privileged, confidential or other
informationproprietary to Magwerks Corporation and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it
addresses.If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified
thatany unauthorized viewing, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
receivedthis e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and destroy all occurrences of this
e-mailimmediately.
Thank you.

Attachment