File system choice for Red Hat systems

From: Mark Kirkwood
Subject: File system choice for Red Hat systems
Date: ,
Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Devrim GÜNDÜZ)
Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Alan Hodgson)
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Mark Kirkwood, )
 Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Mark Kirkwood, )
   Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Greg Smith, )
 Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Devrim GÜNDÜZ, )
  Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Mark Kirkwood, )
 Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Alan Hodgson, )
  Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Wales Wang, )
  Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Mark Kirkwood, )

I'm helping set up a Red Hat 5.5 system for Postgres. I was going to
recommend xfs for the filesystem - however it seems that xfs is
supported as a technology preview "layered product" for 5.5. This
apparently means that the xfs tools are only available via special
channels.

What are Red Hat using people choosing for a good performing filesystem?

regards

Mark