Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alan Hodgson
Subject Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems
Date
Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Mark Kirkwood <mark.kirkwood@catalyst.net.nz>)
List pgsql-performance
On Tuesday 01 June 2010, Mark Kirkwood <mark.kirkwood@catalyst.net.nz>
wrote:
> I'm helping set up a Red Hat 5.5 system for Postgres. I was going to
> recommend xfs for the filesystem - however it seems that xfs is
> supported as a technology preview "layered product" for 5.5. This
> apparently means that the xfs tools are only available via special
> channels.
>
> What are Red Hat using people choosing for a good performing filesystem?

I've run PostgreSQL on XFS on CentOS for years. It works well. Make sure you
have a good battery-backed RAID controller under it (true for all
filesystems).

--
"No animals were harmed in the recording of this episode. We tried but that
damn monkey was just too fast."