pgAgent: RFE: ability to customize step order - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Matthew Gabeler-Lee
Subject pgAgent: RFE: ability to customize step order
Date
List pgadmin-support
I'm trying to customize an existing pgAgent job by adding some steps, one of
which needs to run before the existing step.  Unfortunately this doesn't
seem to be possible without re-creating the job from scratch.

It appears that the order is determined simply by the job step table's PK.
Since the foriegn key from the step log table doesn't have an "on update
cascade" clause, nor is it deferrable, the ID of existing jobs that have run
at least once can't be changed.

I managed to solve my immediate problem by recreating the job, but I think
that making it possible to change the order of steps in a job would be a
useful feature to add to pgAgent.

-- -Matt
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".                -- Philip K. Dick
GPG pubkey fingerprint: A57F B354 FD30 A502 795B 9637 3EF1 3F22 A85E 2AD1