Re: TOAST behavior in 8.3 and 8.4 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Lewis Kapell
Subject Re: TOAST behavior in 8.3 and 8.4
Date
List pgsql-admin
Thanks for the clarification.

In tuptoaster.h, just above the declaration of TOAST_TUPLES_PER_PAGE,
there is a comment which begins: "while these can be modified without
initdb..."

Does this mean that if I reduce the value of TOAST_TUPLE_THRESHOLD and
rebuild, I can use an existing database cluster without having to run
initdb again?