Re: Alpha release this week? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Alpha release this week?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter,

Thanks!  Great to have you participating!

> I suppose I'll try out my 8.4 app, which uses dblink and hstore, on
> 9.0 alpha5 and see if anything breaks, and play around with the
> features that are new to 9.0, as outlined on the postgres wiki for the
> "SFPUG Beta Test Day". This seems a little bit haphazard though. Could
> someone give me some additional direction?

I'm in the process of writing up more suggested tests.  I started with
pgbench performance comparisons:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Pgbenchtesting

Also, we'll have a live video link and chat channel (per wiki page) for
tommorrow, so if you want to follow along/ask questions, you can.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com