Re: Alpha release this week? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Alpha release this week?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
> I started with pgbench performance comparisons:
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Pgbenchtesting

I'd already created
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Regression_Testing_with_pgbench for this
purpose, and it looks like you started where I ended that, more or less,
which is good because you didn't duplicate anything I'd already
written.  I just recently finished a full exploration of how the
multi-threaded pgbench ends up working in practice, and will
update/merge those two as part of that once I get the full data
published where people can look at it.  I've given up on expecting
ad-hoc pgbench testing done without an extremely clear methodology to
produce a lot of data, it's tough to get useful results out of that
without a clear plan to follow for finding useful data points.