Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Check compulsory parameters in recovery.conf in standby_mode, per - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Check compulsory parameters in recovery.conf in standby_mode, per
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>                      (errmsg("recovery command file \"%s\" specified neither primary_conninfo nor restore_command",
> -                            RECOVERY_COMMAND_FILE)));
> +                            RECOVERY_COMMAND_FILE),
> +                     errdetail("The database server will regularly poll the pg_xlog subdirectory to check for files
placedthere.")));

That's not a "detail", as it has nothing to do with details of the error
condition.  It might pass muster as a "hint", though I'm not entirely
sure what the point is.